Deciding to BuyPreparing to BuyChoose a Real Estate AgentTime to go ShoppingInspections and AppraisalsMoving In
Buying a property requires making many important financial decisions, understanding complex issues and completing a lot of paperwork. It helps to have an expert in your corner when undertaking such a large purchase. I can guide you through this process, and also provide you with access to property listings before they hit the general market.
Here are some factors to consider when choosing your real estate professional:
- Look for a full-time agent – one who has experience completing transactions successfully and with great client reviews.
- Interview a few agents: Make sure they are full time, experienced and familiar with the area in which you are interested.
- Ask how much time the agent will have for you, and if they are available at night and on weekends.
- Ask about their credentials and education: A good agent will continually strive to improve and gain knowledge of the latest real estate trends and hold the highest designations in their respective fields of expertise.
- Does the agent return your calls promptly? Time is money when attempting to buy a property.
- Ask for a list of properties they have sold or a list of references. Check their websites.
- Choose an agent who listens attentively to your needs and concerns. Pick an agent, with whom you feel comfortable.